We curate data and make it freely available!
The MetaBrainz Foundation is the caretaker for a number of open source projects, namely:
- MusicBrainz: open music metadata database
- MusicBrainz Picard: music file tagger
- ListenBrainz: repository of listen data
- AcousticBrainz: crowd sourced database of acoustic information for music
- CritiqueBrainz: Creative Commons-licensed reviews
- BookBrainz: open "book" database
- MessyBrainz: service to deal with unclean metadata
- Cover Art Archive: repository of album cover art
- Event Art Archive: repository of images related to events (e.g., concerts and festivals)
MetaBrainz Foundation 2016 Projects
Kartik GuptaA Job Running Client for AcousticBrainzAllowing users to run jobs on their own machines and submit the result.
QuoraGamification of submission systemI propose to implement one of the supplied ideas and create a gamification system that will encourage users to contribute content to the project and...
armalcoliteListenBrainz: A submission API compatible with Last.fm scrobblersA submission API compatible with Last.fm scrobblers Right now ListenBrainz has its own API documented at...
rahulrShow tag search results in PicardCurrently Picard relies on web browser for searching tags manually. With this project, I aim to accomplish these two tasks: Display search results...