The work proposed is to extend the already available, but limited SymEngine's Ruby interface. This project will greatly increase the computational capacities of the SymEngine ruby gem and add interfacing with other ruby gems for mathematical programming.
Some of the proposed work are:
- Extending the C interface of SymEngine library.
- Wrapping up the C interface for Ruby using Ruby C API, including error handling.
- Designing the Ruby interface.
- Integrating IRuby with symengine gem for better printing and writing IRuby notebooks.
- Integrating the gem with existing gems like gmp, mpfr and mpc.
At the end of the project, added features will include:
- Complex Numbers
- Floating Points
- LaTex printer