GENIVI Development Platform
Open Source Automotive Development Platform
The GENIVI Development Platform is an Open Source project for automotive with three main goals:
- Deliver a system developers can use to create software components for automotive.
- A platform focused on automotive use cases to enable developers to create applications and demos targeting the industry.
- A starter kit that can be downloaded and customized for different hardware focused in automotive use cases.
To achieve these goals, GDP has two main deliverables from the official project, plus spins:
- GDP Releases: images released regularly to make the integrated software easy to consume.
- GDP Master: integration point where more experienced developers can build from scratch their own images.
- GDP Spins are endorsed variations of GDP developed by other teams/companies to show off a unique HMI or application standard.