NumFOCUS promotes open source scientific software.
NumFOCUS supports and promotes world-class, innovative, open source scientific software. Most individual projects, even the wildly successful ones, find the overhead of a non-profit to be too large for their community to bear. NumFOCUS provides a critical service as an umbrella organization for these projects.
The following projects will be participating under the NumFOCUS umbrella:
- conda-forge - A community led collection of recipes for the conda package manager.
- Data Retriever - The Data Retriever is a package manager for data. It downloads, cleans, and stores publicly available data, so that analysts spend less time cleaning and managing data, and more time analyzing it.
- FEniCS Project - The FEniCS Project is a collection of tools with extensive features for the automated and efficient solution of differential equations. Partial differential equations can be specified in near-mathematical notation (as finite element variational problems) and solved automatically.
- Gensim - Gensim is an open-source Python library for topic modelling, document indexing and similarity retrieval with large corpora.
- matplotlib - matplotlib is a Python 2D plotting library which produces publication quality figures in a variety of hardcopy formats and interactive environments across platforms.
- MDAnalysis - MDAnalysis is an object-oriented python toolkit to analyze molecular dynamics trajectories generated by CHARMM, Gromacs, Amber, NAMD, or LAMMPS.
- nteract - nteract allows users to edit and share interactive notebook documents that contain explanatory text, executive code, and interactive visualizations.
- PyMC3 - PyMC3 is a Python package for Bayesian statistical modeling and Probabilistic Machine Learning which focuses on advanced Markov chain Monte Carlo and variational fitting algorithms.
- Stan - Stan is a probabilistic programming language for data analysis, enabling automatic inference for a large class of statistical models.
Visit our page for more information.
NumFOCUS 2017 Projects
Harshit Patni2d Color MapsAll of the color mapping in Matplotlib is currently derived fromScalerMappable which as the name suggests maps scalers from R^1 ->R^4 RGBA color...
Ivan YashchukDevelop assembly of finite element forms on quadrilateral and hexahedral meshes [FEniCS]One of the first steps in the finite element method (FEM) is splitting the domain on which the partial differential equation (PDE) is solved into...
Michal HaberaDevelop XDMF format for visualisation and checkpointingXDMF is a file format which is designed for very large simulation datasets. The main file is XML, but there is provision for the "heavy data" to be...
Maxim KochurovExtend Variational Inference Methods in PyMC3Variational inference is a great approach for doing really complex, often intractable Bayesian inference in approximate form. Common methods (e.g....
Chinmaya PancholiGensim : Gensim integration with scikit-learn and KerasGensim is a topic-modeling package in Python for unsupervised learning. This implies that to be able to usefully apply it to a real business...
katiec1029Matplotlib Serialization & PythreeJSSerialization is the process in which a data structure or object is translated and stored in the format of a file compatible in memory then...
Utkarsh BansalPort to pytestTesting is crucial to the development of any software and MDAnalysis currently uses nose to test their code. Unfortunately, nose is no longer under...
Shivam NegiPython and Julia Interface for Data RetrieverData Retriever automates the tasks of finding, downloading, and cleaning up publicly available data, and then stores them in a local database or as...
Bill EngelsSingle Precision Support and Gaussian Process FunctionalityPyMC3 contains a rich suite of building blocks for probabilistic modeling and inference. This proposal contains two parts: first is finishing...
Parul SethiTraining and Topic VisualizationsKnowing about the progress and performance of a model, as we train them, could be very helpful in understanding it’s learning process and makes it...