MIT App Inventor
Empowering anyone to make their world a better place
The MIT App Inventor team has five primary objectives:
- Building capacity - App Inventor diligently strives to expand the compass of formal and informal mobile computing education for adults and youth around the world. We are actively engaged in developing and disseminating resources and training materials to support educators in creating new apps through our program.
- Promoting computer science education - Through our blocks-based programming language, we are committed to promoting an alternative on-ramp to computational thinking education. From a policy perspective, we actively engaged in local and national conversations about standards. From an awareness perspective, we are eager to participate in and support large-scale campaigns reaching new audiences.
- Sustaining and enhancing the tool - We have made a long-term commitment to sustaining and enhancing MIT App Inventor as a cutting-edge free service to users. To this end, we are continuously improving the tool, debugging and enhancing its performance, and adding new features.
- Building enterprise enhancements - We work with public agencies and private corporations to support unique applications by developing custom features of MIT App Inventor in response to partner needs.
- Conducting and supporting community research - MIT undergraduates, graduate students and collaborating institutions are actively engaged in conducting and publishing research while developing, testing and evaluating the use of MIT App Inventor around the world.
MIT App Inventor 2017 Projects
Joydeep MitraBackground-powered ComponentsComponents are the building blocks of app inventor. They can be visible i.e. they are part of UI interface or they can be non visible i.e they are...
Thilanka MunasingheIoT: Android Things Integration on the MIT App InventorInternet of Things (IoT) is a fast growing field of where sensors are monitoring appliances, actuators, and machines, as well as controlling them...
Vishwajeet SrivastavaMenu Options for App InventorWith this project, we will be able to provide one of the most sought out feature i.e menu options in applications developed from App Inventor. In...
Liancheng JiaVisualization components for App InventorA new component of App Inventor for users to display charts on Android device. I discussed the general idea as well as some details of implementation...