Marble Maps brings the highly detailed OpenStreetMap to your Android devices. It features a crisp, beautiful map with an intuitive user interface. This project is about extending it to support indoor maps (e.g. selecting and showing different levels of a building). The following are the goals to achieve from this project:
- Marble extracts indoor related OSM tags.
- Floor and connection elements (e.g. room, wall, door, staircase) are shown in the map. Similar to OpenLevelUp.
- User interface to select floor levels and filtering of the map view based on the active floor level.
- Automatic adjustment of the floor level user interface (hide it when there are no indoor map elements in the view,
select minimum/maximum floor level automatically).
- Further adjustments to the UI to make the whole experience for the end user a delightful one.
- Extend libmarblewidget with additional classes and objects to be able to support all the above mentioned points.
- Improve indoor rendering.