The new admin tools will identify the data quality issues in the database and allow Open States admins to know about the current status of quality of scrapers and to manually fix or modify the data quality issues or mark them as exceptions. These tools will also provide admin the right to consider the requests posted by the users to report any wrong or missing information on openstates.org. This will supports Open Civic Data Backend with important features like,
- Common Status Page for all states containing current status of different parameters
- Sub pages for status of specific sessions/states etc.
- Name Resolution Tool
- Merge Tool
- User Feedback Tool
- Data Quality Issues & Exceptions Tool
- Retirement Tool
- Advanced filters to sort data accordingly
- Fast search queries using Django-ORM
Pupa Conversion of Scrapers from Billy and Fixing bugs & updating scrapers for different states.