The project is about porting the 'vote up/down' module from Drupal 7 to Drupal 8.
Vote up/down is a module which can be employed to add voting widgets to various content of your Drupal powered website.
Aspects of the project
- Changing the Drupal Configuration System
- Implement the changed Dependencies
- Changing the deprecated APIs and methods with the new counterparts
- Changing the Drupal theming. Replace tpl.php with TWIG counterparts
- Porting automated tests from D7 to D8
Internal structure of module
- vud: This is the base sub-module for this project. All other parts are based on it. It depends directly on Voting API and chaos tools
- vud_field: This is the sub-module for this project which creates a field for a voting widget.
- vud_node: This is the sub-module for this project which adds a voting widget to a node.
- vud_comment: This is the sub-module for this project which adds a voting widget to a comment.
- vud_term: This is the sub-module for this project which adds a voting widget to a taxonomy term.
Fully functional and stable module for Drupal 8.