The project aims to enable the Moodle Mobile App with fully automated End-to-End testing capabilities with SauceLabs and Travis CI using latest upgraded versions of Node, Protractor, Gulp, Appium, Selenium with latest Moodle Mobile App v3.3.0 [~15/5/2017].
Integrating SauceLabs and TravisCI enables a completely automated build on Travis along with End-to-End testing on SauceLabs’ Browsers, Mobile/Tablet Android Emulators, Mobile/Tablet iOS Simulators [and Real Devices exclusively for premium users]. In case of any failure in Travis build, debugging can be easily done as SauceLabs provides the actual video and screenshot logs of all the tests for 30 days [only metadata & screenshots after that] and TravisCI restores the build log for the lifetime of a repository.
- Upgrade Node, Protractor, Gulp, Appium, Selenium and other related dependencies
- Configure the App for Travis build and SauceLabs testing via Travis
- Fix all the failing E2E tests
- Add E2E tests for newly added features/modules in Moodle Mobile v3.1.x, v3.2.x, v3.3.0
- Modify the existing documentation of Moodle Mobile Development Environment Setup and End-to-End testing environment