The 5 advanced features added to the Chrome extension of the Wayback Machine are focused on users who wish to research the history of the web .
- The timestamp feature lets a user see the timestamp of external page elements in a playback page.
- The radial tree feature lets a user visualize the hierarchy of pages in a website as a radial tree also known as a sequences sunburst diagram.
- The 'get books' feature lets a user navigate to a book on Internet Archive by analyzing a Wikipedia page for book titles.
- The ORCID feature displays the ORCID accounts of people whose names match a name given as input.
- The robust links feature is useful for web developers who wish to fight the phenomenon of link rot. This feature extends the Memento Project by Los Alamos National Laboratory and Old Dominion University.