A software library to render fonts.
FreeType font rendering library
FreeType is a freely available software library to render fonts.
It is written in C, designed to be small, efficient, highly customizable, and portable while capable of producing high-quality output (glyph images) of most vector and bitmap font formats.
Some products that use FreeType for rendering fonts on screen or on paper, either exclusively or partially:
- GNU/Linux and other free Unix operating system derivates like FreeBSD or NetBSD;
- iOS, Apple's mobile operating system for iPhones and iPads;
- Android, Google's operating system for smartphones and tablet computers;
- ChromeOS, Google's operating system for laptop computers;
- ReactOS, a free open source operating system based on the best design principles found in the Windows NT architecture;
- Ghostscript, a PostScript interpreter used in many printers.
Counting the above products only, you get more than a billion devices that contain FreeType.
FreeType 2018 Projects
Improve Fuzzing for FreeTypeFuzzing is a very important asset when verifying programs, as it reveals critical edge cases that can be missed easily by structured testing....
Integrating VFlib's TeX format drivers into FreeTypeThe goal of this project is to add the support of TeX's bitmap font formats (GF, TFM, PK and VF fonts) into FreeType by providing new modules to...
Redevelop FreeType's documentation using markdownThe goal of this project is to redesign and fully automate the documentation methods for FreeType, and make it easier to update and manage the...