Vim-fork focused on extensibility and usability
Neovim is a fork of Vim aiming to provide a better "out of the box" experience on modern systems, for users but also for plugin developers ("extensibility and usability").
- Provide a flexible, extensible Vim with a first-class, fast scripting alternative (Lua/LuaJit)
- Provide a consistent user experience across platforms
- Maintain feature parity with Vim
- Continue the Vim tradition of backwards compatibility, with few exceptions
- Target all platforms supported by libuv
- Delegate to plugins, but preserve the utility of the editor core
Neovim 2019 Projects
Multiprocessing FeatureThe job control feature of Neovim introduced great multitasking support that added new capabilities and enhanced important tasks by allowing them to...
TUI (Terminal UI) remote attachmentNvim works as both a server and a client. “Nvim client” can connect to any other “Nvim server” and Nvim GUIs can show the screen of a remote “Nvim...