MIT App Inventor
Anyone Can Build Apps That Impact the World
Empowering anyone to make their world a better place.
The MIT App Inventor team has five primary objectives:
- Building capacity - App Inventor diligently strives to expand the compass of formal and informal mobile computing education for adults and youth around the world. We are actively engaged in developing and disseminating resources and training materials to support educators in creating new apps through our program.
- Promoting computer science education - Through our blocks-based programming language, we are committed to promoting an alternative on-ramp to computational thinking education. From a policy perspective, we actively engaged in local and national conversations about standards. From an awareness perspective, we are eager to participate in and support large-scale campaigns reaching new audiences.
- Sustaining and enhancing the tool - We have made a long-term commitment to sustaining and enhancing MIT App Inventor as a cutting-edge free service to users. To this end, we are continuously improving the tool, debugging and enhancing its performance, and adding new features.
- Building enterprise enhancements - We work with public agencies and private corporations to support unique applications by developing custom features of MIT App Inventor in response to partner needs.
- Conducting and supporting community research - MIT undergraduates, graduate students and collaborating institutions are actively engaged in conducting and publishing research while developing, testing and evaluating the use of MIT App Inventor around the world.
MIT App Inventor 2019 Projects
Implement Visualization ComponentRight now, MIT App Inventor is short of components that allow to visualize data using charts. This project aims to implement entirely new components...
Implementing the Trash Can in MIT APP INVENTORThis is the new feature added in MIT APP INVENTOR which allows users not to permanently delete the project once they click the Delete button...
Improvements in ListViewThis project aims to improvise ListView in App Inventor. It was one of the most demanded improvements from users. Idea - Adding custom layouts to...
RecyclerView ImplementationA Recycler View component would be created which can display media along with text