The organization that handles all aspects of the FOSDEM conference
FOSDEM is a two-day event organised by volunteers to promote the widespread use of free and open source software. Taking place in the beautiful city of Brussels (Belgium), FOSDEM is widely recognised as the best such conference in Europe. Participation and attendance is totally free.
FOSDEM is a free and non-commercial event organised by the community for the community. The goal is to provide free and open source software developers and communities a place to meet and:
- get in touch with other developers and projects;
- be informed about the latest developments in the free software world;
- be informed about the latest developments in the open source world;
- attend interesting talks and presentations on various topics by project leaders and committers;
- promote the development and benefits of free software and open source solutions.
The FOSDEM team feels it is very important for free and open source software developers around the world to be able to meet in “real life”.
To this end, we have set up developer rooms (devrooms) with network/internet connectivity and projectors where teams can meet and showcase their projects. Devrooms are a place for teams to discuss, hack and publicly present latest directions, lightning talks, news and discussions. We believe developers can benefit a lot from these meetings.
FOSDEM 2019 Projects
ENHANCING STANDS AND DEVROOM SUBMISSION IN OSEMOSEM( Open Source Event Manager ) has the functionality to allow submissions for Booths and Tracks and evaluate them to either accept/reject the...
Improve communication with stands and devrooms in Open Source Event ManagerFOSDEM team will be able to use OSEM to handle the submission, evaluation, and acceptance of requests for stands for its event in minimum possible...