AnitaB.org Open Source
Women transform technology. Technology transforms the world.
At AnitaB.org, we envision a future where the people who imagine and build technology mirror the people and societies for whom they build it. We connect, inspire, and guide women in computing, and organizations that view technology innovation as a strategic imperative.
Our social enterprise supports women in technical fields, as well as the organizations that employ them and the academic institutions training the next generation. A full roster of programs help women grow, learn, and develop their highest potential.
Women Empowerment Applications
- Mentorship System, founded by a Syster, is an application that allows women in tech to mentor each other, on career development topics, through 1:1 relations for a certain period.
- PowerUp, founded by a Syster, is a choose-your-own-adventure game that is designed to be inclusive and teaches young girls (ages 11-14) awareness about real-life scenarios.
Community Management Applications
- Volunteer Management System (VMS), helps keep a record of Systers volunteers so that we can utilize volunteer grants where companies match the number of hours an employee volunteers.
- Portal, a site that brings Systers and Local Communities together, offering both in-person and online events for our global women technologists.
- Open Source Programs
- Conference Management Tools
- Women in Tech Pipeline
- Industry-led Opportunities Pipeline
AnitaB.org Open Source 2020 Projects
BridgeInTechBridgeInTech is an application that is aimed to bring closer the tech skills gap that exist in the IT industry. The idea comes from the existing...
Enhancing Systers PortalEnhance the Systers portal and add the following features to it. Add MapViews and Search by Location for Communities. Implement Third Party...
Mentorship iOSAn all-new native iOS app for the Mentorship system that will be developed using SwiftUI. The proposed app would be feature complete and on-par with...
Open Source ProgramsOpen Source Programs is a project which aims towards simplifying the management work of the mentors and organizations. The goal is to make reviewing...