C multimedia framework
GPAC is a multimedia framework targeting packaging, distribution and consumption of interactive media content. It features:
- various network stacks (clients and servers): RTP, MPEG-2 TS, MP4/ISOBMFF, local file, pipes, TCP/UDP sockets, HTTP Progressive Download, HTTP Streaming (DASH, HLS, SmoothStreaming), ATSC 3.0 (client only)
- encoding and decoding support for most known audio and video formats
- interactive 2D rendering (SVG, MPEG-4 BIFS, subset of Flash/SWF) and 3D rendering (MPEG-4 BIFS, VRML/X3D)
- a flexible media processing pipeline for building your own applications.
- simple distributed media processing through built-in state serializers
GPAC targets students, developers, academics and companies, and is used in many commercial AV production chains. GPAC is cross-platforms and runs under Windows, MacOS X, Linux, Android and iOS devices.