We make solid modeling, 3D printing, & other computer-aided technologies (CAx)
We are an umbrella organization with several other computer-aided technologies (CAx) including:
- BRL-CAD is a solid modeling system specializing in ray tracing and UNIX-style geometry.
- OpenSCAD is a solid 3D modeler with a rich syntax for programmable geometry.
- FreeCAD provides parametric 3D modeling with engineering functionality like FEM and CAM.
- LibreCAD is a 2D modeling system specializing in blueprint-style drawings and draftings.
- Slic3r is a 3D model processor for generating printing instructions for 3D printers.
- STEPcode is geometry conversion infrastructure.
We want to select at least one student for each, so feel free to ask us where to start.
BRL-CAD 2020 Projects
A better IPython and Jupyter Notebook Integration for FreeCADCurrently, FreeCAD's IPython and Jupyter Notebook integration can only provide visualization by running the entire FreeCAD GUI alongside the...
Extended functionality of Rebar AddonThis Project is to create rebar shape cut list, bar bending schedule, export to BVBS format and automatic drawing of a structural element after...
FEM Examples Extension in FreeCADThis project is to expand the list of Finite Element Method (FEM) examples currently present in FreeCAD by adding more examples. The target will be...
LibreCAD v3 GUI RevampLibreCAD 3 is the new version of LibreCAD currently under development. LibreCAD 3 uses Lua for GUI initialization, management, plugins and for the...
New Geometry EditorBRL-CAD has 2 geometry editor applications, MGED and Archer. They have been created a long time ago with the technology available at that time. The...
OpenCL GPGPU RaytracingThis project is to introduce a GPGPU pipeline into BRL-CAD using OpenCL for existing primitives and parallelize them for faster computation.
OpenScad GUI & Text Editor’s Interactivity EnhancementsOpenSCAD is a FOSS which belongs to the CAD software category. It allow users to describe the CAD model using codes/scripts, and using those scripts;...
Persistent Caching for OpenSCADOpenSCAD is an open-source 3D modeling software. It uses two main modeling techniques namely, Constructive Solid Geometry (CSG) and extrusion of 2D...