Currently, there exists no software solution for checking whether a service mesh implements Service Mesh Interface or not.
This causes the following problems:-
- For Service mesh maintainers, maintainers need to check whether the service mesh they are creating conforms to service mesh interface
- Users using service mesh don't know whether a feature is supported or not by the particular mesh they are using.
In this project, aim is to:
- Build meshery as the underlying technology to support SMI Certification
- Generate a compatibility matrix identifying the SMI features that are supported per service mesh.
- Decide the definition of what behavior is expected and conforms to spec. vs not. Partial conformance could be defined by a minimum requirement. It may be that partial conformance allows for / encourages extensibility