We do computer graphics, 3D printing, & develop computer-aided tech (CAx)
BRL-CAD operates under an umbrella organization with several computer-aided technologies (CAx) including:
- IfcOpenShell implements IFC, a standard for modeling buildings that integrates with CAD.
- LibreCAD is a 2D modeling system specializing in blueprint-style drawings and draftings.
- FreeCAD provides parametric 3D modeling with engineering functionality like FEM and CAM.
- OpenSCAD is a solid 3D modeler with a rich syntax for programmable geometry.
- BRL-CAD is a solid modeling system that focuses on high-performance and needs a new GUI.
We want to select at least one student for each, so feel free to ask us where to start.
BRL-CAD 2021 Projects
Add IDS validation with BCF output to IfcOpenShellBuildingSMART organisation is currently working and about to publish new IDS (Information Delivery Specifications) which in simple terms is a...
Adding the Ability To BCF Libraries to connect to BCF API's.Integrating existing BCF libraries with the API's so as to perform reading and writing of files .
Automate Reinforcement Process of Slab and Footing in FreeCADThis project is to automate reinforcement process of slab and footing by using the Reinforcement Workbench in FreeCAD.
Generator for offline documentationThe current documentation for OpenSCAD is available online at WikiBooks for easy access, which also facilitates user edits for improvisation of the...
Implement UNDO and transactional changesI would like to implement the undo function into libged. This will be a significant feature addition to BRL-CAD, giving designers the option to...
Open Geometry Viewer(OGV)Open Geometry Viewer is a web-based application to view 3D CAD models on browsers. Users are able to host the model online and comment on others...